Free tai chi and qigong with me every Sunday morning (9am) and Tuesday evening (6pm) in Cornwall Park from Sunday 15 January until Tuesday 28 March 2023. All sessions are outdoors so are weather dependent.
Ideal for beginners of all ages and abilities, particularly those seeking a calming and nurturing exercise experience that is also effective for fitness and balance.
The linked postures and steps of tai chi, along with deep, meditative breathing (called qigong), are designed to improve your overall health and can also strengthen leg and core muscles.
Tai chi and qigong are good for your body as well as your mind and are helpful at reducing stress.
These 45-minute sessions in Cornwall Park and are free, fun and suitable for all ages and abilities, especially beginners. You are most welcome to invite family, friends and colleagues to join in.
Summer Tai Chi in the Park sessions are funded by the Cornwall Park Trust Board so you can all attend for free.
Here is all of the information you need:
- Where are the sessions? In Cornwall Park about halfway up Pōhutukawa Drive and under the trees to the left of the road. (Same place as previous years).
- Directions for those who haven’t attended before: Drive, cycle or walk into Cornwall Park from Greenlane Road West. That entry road is called Pōhutukawa Drive. My tai chi sessions will be about halfway up Pōhutukawa Drive on the left-hand-side and under the trees. Look for me and my instructors in our red Kia Ora Tai Chi shirts. If you get to the roundabout you’ve gone past us. Refer to the park’s visitor information website for a park map: Cornwall Park visitor info
- Days and times: Sunday mornings at 9am (we’ll be there from 8.45am) and Tuesday evenings at 6pm (we’ll be there from 5.45pm).
- How long are the sessions? 45 minutes
- What to bring: Water bottle, a sun hat/sun block and wear comfy clothing and footwear.
- If rainy or when there are high winds: Look for the cancellation notice on the Kia Ora Tai Chi Facebook page: www.facebook.com/kiaorataichi/ or text me on 027 493 9851. Or you can check with the park’s visitor centre (the Huia Lodge Discovery Hub, open 7 days from 10am – 4pm) https://cornwallpark.co.nz/contact
- More information: https://cornwallpark.co.nz/summer-events-programme-2022-23
I would so love to see you under those lovely shady trees in the park. I will teach a number of exciting and different tai chi and qigong forms as the sessions progress and until the last one on Tuesday 28 March.
As well as my tai chi and qigong sessions, there are lots of other free activities in the park. Check out my SpinPoi session in the park on Saturday 18 February. Find out more in this link: https://cornwallpark.co.nz/uploads/logos/Summer-Events-2002-2023-Web.pdf
Find out more