I am delighted and honoured to be working with Breast Cancer Support to teach a very special 3-hour Tai Chi for Rehabilitation workshop.
Whether newly diagnosed, in recovery, or some years down the track, this workshop is for anyone experiencing breast cancer who wants to have a go at tai chi or wonders if this type of exercise will aid with recovery and enhance general well-being? Ideal for tai chi beginners.
The details of the workshop are:
Just two places left. Please book ASAP. (The workshop is limited to ten participants.)
Those who have visited the Mercy Spirituality Centre will know that the surroundings are perfect for a peaceful, calm, and relaxing morning of tai chi.
Look forward to better health and wellbeing
There are no more places available for this workshop (on 30 September 2017). Please contact Jocelyn to register your interest for the next workshop. Ph 027 493 9851 or use the Contact Form
Workshop: Saturday 30 September 2017, 9.30am – 12.45pm
Venue: Clayton Park School hall, Wattle Downs, Manurewa, Auckland
Ideal for beginners as well as advanced tai chi students. Adults of any age and high school students are all welcome.
Stressed or tired? Recovering from illness, grief or an injury? Worried about exams or pressure at work? If so, this rejuvenating tai chi for rehabilitation workshop will help you to:
- Boost your energy and strength
- Relieve stress
- Refresh your body, loosen your joints and ease your tensions
- Get a good night’s sleep
- Improve your blood circulation
- Increase your mental clarity and inner peace
- Improve your balance
Feel more balanced, anywhere, anytime, night and day
At the end of the workshop, you will have learned:
- A set of tai chi movements that you can do anytime, anywhere – at work, at home, while travelling – that will help to you to reduce stress, feel stronger and more balanced.
- A breathing technique to help calm and clear your mind and improve your overall health.
- A unique mantra to say to yourself while doing your tai chi to help you move smoothly and integrate your mind and body so you can feel more at peace and sleep better.
Adults of any age and high school students are all welcome. Bookings are essential.
Almost anyone can learn Tai Chi for Rehabilitation and Rejuvenation (TCR) as it can be done while standing, seated or lying down. TCR is a low impact exercise, gentle on your joints and is suitable for all adults and fitness levels. You do not need special shoes, clothing or equipment.
More details about the workshop:
- When: Saturday 30 September, 9.30am – 12.45pm. Please arrive between 9.15 – 9.25am
- Where: Clayton Park School hall, Cr Coxhead and Wattle Farm Roads, Wattle Downs, Manurewa, Map
- What to wear: Loose, comfortable clothing and flat shoes like sneakers. Bring a bottle of water and a snack. If you’d like to try TCR while lying down please bring your own yoga mat or similar.
- Parking: Plenty of free parking. Please note: the car park entrance for the school hall is off Wattle Farm Road
- Price: $67 per person. Current Kia Ora Tai Chi students @ $47 per person
- Optional extra: Buy the TCR practice DVD @ $30 to further assist you after the workshop.
Venue for the workshop: Clayton Park School hall
Ideal for beginners as well as advanced tai chi students. Places are limited to a maximum of 12.
TCR has been especially designed by a medical doctor (Dr Paul Lam) to improve health and wellness, especially when recovering from exhaustion and stressful situations, including illness, grief and accidents. The instructor for this workshop, Jocelyn Watkin, has been trained by Dr Lam and is qualified to teach TCR by the Tai Chi for Health Institute.
This workshop will help you to invest in your future health. Bookings are essential.
Your future health is in your hands
Say hello to better health with these new Kia Ora Tai Chi for Health classes starting on Monday 15 August, 6.15pm, at Clayton Park School hall, Wattle Farm Road, Manurewa. Ideal for beginners and suitable for adults of all ages and high school students. Try out the 6-week ‘feel better’ introductory package at only $8 per class:
- The 6-week ‘feel better’ introductory package for $8 per class: Attend twice per week (on both Mondays and Wednesdays), 11 classes in total from Monday 15 August to Wednesday 28 September. Pay $88 for 6 weeks, in advance and online to save $22 on the regular price of $10 per class. Please text or phone Jocelyn (the instructor) on 027 493 9851 for the bank account number or use the Contact Form (Please note: There are no classes on 29 & 31 August, nor on 7 Sept.)
- The 6-week ‘tai chi taster’ introductory package for $9 per class: Attend once per week (on either Monday or a Wednesday and you can change the day from week to week) from Monday 15 August to Wednesday 28 September. Pay $54 for 6 weeks, in advance and online. Please text or phone Jocelyn (the instructor) on 027 493 9851 for the bank account number or use the Contact Form (Please note: There are no classes on 29 & 31 August, nor on 7 Sept.)
- $10 per class: Pay for each class as you go. Attend either or both Monday and Wednesday classes. Cash only (sorry, no eftpos or credit cards). Note: There are no classes on 29 & 31 August, nor on 7 Sept
- Please use the Contact Form or phone or text Jocelyn (the instructor) on 027 493 9851 for more information or to ask for the bank account number.
Timetable: Six weeks of classes for beginners, as follows::
- 1st week: Monday 15 and Wednesday 17 August
- 2nd week: Monday 22 and Wednesday 24 August
- No tai chi: Monday 29 and Wednesday 31 August
- 3rd week: Monday 5 September (no class on Wednesday 7 September)
- 4th week: Monday 12 and Wednesday 14 September
- 5th week: Monday 19 and Wednesday 21 September
- 6th week: Monday 26 and Wednesday 28 September
Find out more: