There are no more places available for this workshop (on 30 September 2017). Please contact Jocelyn to register your interest for the next workshop. Ph 027 493 9851 or use the Contact Form
Workshop: Saturday 30 September 2017, 9.30am – 12.45pm
Venue: Clayton Park School hall, Wattle Downs, Manurewa, Auckland
Ideal for beginners as well as advanced tai chi students. Adults of any age and high school students are all welcome.
Stressed or tired? Recovering from illness, grief or an injury? Worried about exams or pressure at work? If so, this rejuvenating tai chi for rehabilitation workshop will help you to:
- Boost your energy and strength
- Relieve stress
- Refresh your body, loosen your joints and ease your tensions
- Get a good night’s sleep
- Improve your blood circulation
- Increase your mental clarity and inner peace
- Improve your balance
At the end of the workshop, you will have learned:
- A set of tai chi movements that you can do anytime, anywhere – at work, at home, while travelling – that will help to you to reduce stress, feel stronger and more balanced.
- A breathing technique to help calm and clear your mind and improve your overall health.
- A unique mantra to say to yourself while doing your tai chi to help you move smoothly and integrate your mind and body so you can feel more at peace and sleep better.
Adults of any age and high school students are all welcome. Bookings are essential.
Almost anyone can learn Tai Chi for Rehabilitation and Rejuvenation (TCR) as it can be done while standing, seated or lying down. TCR is a low impact exercise, gentle on your joints and is suitable for all adults and fitness levels. You do not need special shoes, clothing or equipment.
More details about the workshop:
- When: Saturday 30 September, 9.30am – 12.45pm. Please arrive between 9.15 – 9.25am
- Where: Clayton Park School hall, Cr Coxhead and Wattle Farm Roads, Wattle Downs, Manurewa, Map
- What to wear: Loose, comfortable clothing and flat shoes like sneakers. Bring a bottle of water and a snack. If you’d like to try TCR while lying down please bring your own yoga mat or similar.
- Parking: Plenty of free parking. Please note: the car park entrance for the school hall is off Wattle Farm Road
- Price: $67 per person. Current Kia Ora Tai Chi students @ $47 per person
- Optional extra: Buy the TCR practice DVD @ $30 to further assist you after the workshop.
Ideal for beginners as well as advanced tai chi students. Places are limited to a maximum of 12.
TCR has been especially designed by a medical doctor (Dr Paul Lam) to improve health and wellness, especially when recovering from exhaustion and stressful situations, including illness, grief and accidents. The instructor for this workshop, Jocelyn Watkin, has been trained by Dr Lam and is qualified to teach TCR by the Tai Chi for Health Institute.
This workshop will help you to invest in your future health. Bookings are essential.